Last modified: July 19, 2021
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On or through the Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline, except where noted otherwise
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Website is not intended for children, as defined under applicable law. Children may not provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other information the Website collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as screen name, user name, company name, employer, fleet or equipment information, or your preferences; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies; and/or
- from third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through the Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website (including Altec Connect, Repair Central, Altec Sentry, JJ Kane, A-Aerial, and the Altec Merchandise Company Store), ordering products, requesting services, contacting us (including contacting Fleet services), interacting with our client portals, requesting an appraisal, registering your unit, subscribing to our newsletter, submitting preventive maintenance requests, requesting parts, requesting a quote (including operator training quotes), submitting maintenance training information requests, registering a product, submitting a website linking agreement, registering for and logging in to the Altec eLearning store, writing a review, or requesting source code. We may also ask you for information when you enter contest or promotion sponsored by us, when you report a problem with the Website, or allow the Altec HelpDesk to remotely support your account. This information may include your name, nickname, email address, fax number, country, time zone, telephone number, telephone type, address, password, location, open service jobs, open APNs, recent orders, equipment warnings, equipment information, information related to your parts and supply orders, account number, shopping lists, account type, company name and ID, title, industry, role, website URL, company address, business type, review title, review contents, product rating, information related to whether you would recommend our products to a friend, device registration email, requested user type, the contents of any messages that you send to us, information related to your interest in Altec products/services, unit serial number, chassis VIN, purchase and service dates, customer equipment number, serial number, activation code, service type, product series, product model number, product serial number, product purchase and install dates, distributor company name, installation location name and address, training location, class type, model # of Altec unit used for training, information related to whether you are an existing Altec customer, information related to how we can help you, information related to how you heard about us, contact preferences, and billing address.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website and of the fulfillment of your purchase orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Website. We may collect your first name, last name, middle initial, email address, telephone number, country, shipping and billing address, company, gift card number, credit card number, CVV, name on card, expiration date, PO number, reference number, delivery instructions, security code or call box number to access your building, and special instructions and notes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Information that you provide when you set up job alerts, join Altec’s talent network, or apply for open positions with Altec. This information may include your name, email address, telephone number, areas of interest, information related to the type of employment you are looking for, desired location(s), and information contained in your resume.
- Information that you provide when you submit an Altec Capital credit application, or register or sign in to the Altec Capital customer portal. We may collect your name, email address, username, password, customer information (including legal name of lessee (applicant), address, phone number, federal ID number, and web address), contact person information (including name, title, phone number, fax number, and email address), authorized person information (including company administrator name and email address), and applicant signature, title, and company.
- Information that you provide when you create a bidder account, apply for financing for your auction purposes, or participate in one of our online auctions, including making payments. We may collect your name, address, email address, username, password, invoice number, shipping information, answers to security questions, billing information, the contents of any messages you send through Proxibid (our online bidding provider), the names and email addresses of any friends to whom you send emails regarding items for auction, information related to your valid, government-issued ID (including your driver’s license or passport), age, company name, address, telephone number, and contact name, copies of dealer and resale certificates, application number, request amount, down payment amount, and asset information.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with the Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer, devices, and internet connection, including your IP address, mobile device identifier, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Please see the Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information section below for additional details on how the Company responds to do-not-track signals.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present the Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To facilitate online auctions and bidding.
- To collect and process payments.
- To provide financing.
- To facilitate advertising and marketing activities.
- To collect and process applications for employment.
- To understand and analyze how our visitors use the Website.
- To improve the Website and our products and customize and optimize your experience.
- To identify Company locations near you.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To create and maintain your accounts with us and to provide you with notices about your account, including receipts, order details, fleet information, or tracking.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To check your qualifications for registration.
- To protect against fraud and reduce credit risk.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
We may also use your information to contact you about our products and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want to receive solicitations regarding our products and services, you may unsubscribe from such communications by clicking the link in the applicable communication or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information thatdoes not constitute personal information under applicable law , without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. We may share your information with the following categories of third-party business partners and service providers: advertising providers, data analytics providers, data connectivity platforms, eSignature platforms, font libraries, live chat software providers, marketing providers, online bidding providers, payment processors, performance monitoring platforms, recruitment platforms, social media platforms (including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube), tag management systems, technology services, video conferencing platforms, and web mapping platforms.
- To government agencies.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s, its affiliates’ or its subsidiaries’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by such entity about the Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions (https://www.altec.com/terms-conditions/) or Terms of Sale (https://www.altec.com/terms-of-sale/) and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, its affiliates, its subsidiaries, their respective customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. The Company does not respond to Do-Not-Track signals at this time; however, we have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Criteo collects personal data through the Website, including for the purposes of serving personalized advertising. For more information about how Criteo collects and processes data, please visit: www.criteo.com/privacy/. To disable Criteo’s services, please visit: https://www.criteo.com/privacy/disable-criteo-services-on-internet-browsers/.
Google Analytics collects personal data through the Website. For information about how Google Analytics collects and processes data, please visit: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. To opt out of having your information used by Google Analytics, please visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Microsoft collects or receives personal information from us to provide Microsoft Advertising. For more information, please visit the Microsoft Privacy Statements: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement.
Please note that we do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on NAI’s website, which can be found here: https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/what-are-my-options
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address or contact information used by the Company to promote our products or services, you can opt-out by checking or un-checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data, by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the applicable communication, or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may be able to review and change certain information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page, but this feature may not be available to all users.
You may also send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits California residents with whom we have an established business relationship to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: 33 Inverness Parkway, Birmingham, AL 35242.
For information about California resident privacy rights, including the rights of California residents under the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here.
Data Security and Retention
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be processed and handled by our third-party service provider and secured per PCI-DSS standards.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
33 Inverness Parkway
Birmingham, AL 35242